Joan Gewirtz, MD - Ophthalmologist

What kind of eye doctor should I see for contacts?

  • You can see an Ophthalmologist such as Dr. Joan T. Gewirtz, in our Stamford, CT office. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors (MDs) who specialize in eyes. Some concentrate on eye surgery and treatment of disease, but some specialize in contact lenses or both.
  • You can also see an Optometrist (Doctor of Optometry, or OD). Optometrists perform eye examinations, prescribe vision correction, fit contact lenses, treat eye disease and dispense eyeglasses.
  • In some states, specially trained opticians or contact lens technicians are licensed by the state to fit your contact lenses. Since opticians or contact lens technicians must fit the lenses from an optometrist's or ophthalmologist's prescription, they often work in the same office.
How do I schedule a contacts fitting or an eye exam?
You can contact our Stamford, CT office to make an appointment by calling (203) 348-0868
How do I schedule a contacts fitting or an eye exam?
Telephone: (203) 348-0868 © Joan Gewirtz, MD. All Rights Reserved
Eye Doctor and Vision Care in Stamford, CT Ophthalmologist - Stamford, CT
Site developed & maintained by:
The Computer Support People, LLC